Monday, July 4, 2016

PAT MOON - Don't Hide From The Light


It's not often that I find myself at a loss for words while hearing a new album... And yet, here I am; trying to explain what I like about it and all I can say is how it makes me feel. PAT MOON, the solo project of Portland based up-and-coming musician Kate Davis, released her debut album 'Don't Hide From The Light' on June 27th. Having listened to the brilliant first single 'Love Me As I Am' a couple of months ago, I was intrigued to hear more. And I was not disappointed in the end. I was not only absorbed in Kate's captivating voice or the melodic synths, but engrossed in the 8 tracks, which seem inscribed as a constellation of antithetical pairs. Luminous and dark. Adamant and submissive. Ethereal and palpable. Melancholic and happy. Submissive and unyielding. Gloomy and yet aspiring. 
'Don't Hide From the Light' is a revelation in itself, a stellar debut album that is worth your time and attention. Discover it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment